In the quest for those tender bites of fall-off-the-bone goodness, you are going to need the patience to slow cook the ribs in the oven, with plenty of spices of course. To keep it perfectly Paleo, you are also going to need 1 cup of KC BBQ sauce which we highly recommend as it is Certified Paleo-friendly, naturally gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO and never made with high fructose corn syrup, MSG, distilled vinegar or artificial ingredients.
It does take some time to extract all the succulent flavors, 3-4 hours or so, but don’t be dismayed by that fact as these bad boys are worth every minute spent.
- 2 1/2 lbs. baby back pork ribs, membrane removed
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 cup KC BBQ sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- In a bowl, combine the chili powder, paprika, garlic, onion, and season to taste.
- Season the ribs with the chili powder mixture generously on both sides.
- Place the ribs in a baking dish, cover and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake the ribs 3 to 4 hours or until the meat falls off the bone.
- Generously brush the ribs with the BBQ sauce on both sides, and place on back on the baking sheet.
- Broil the ribs 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until sauce has caramelized.
- Let the ribs rest 4 to 5 minutes before serving.