by Nicole Gulotta for Thrive Market
When you need to add flavor in a hurry, a quick marinade is a cook’s best friend. But not all bottles are created equal. The New Primal Spicy Marinade & Cooking Sauce adds delicious savory notes and a kick from chili pepper (all without added sugar or oils) and also saves you time—no need to brine overnight. These Whole30-approved bacon-laced chicken cups deliver about 3 ounces of protein, and the portable size means they’re great for a party or a make-in-advance snack to fill you up throughout the week.
Bacon-Laced Chicken Cups With Spicy Marinade
Write a review
- ½ cup The New Primal Spicy Marinade & Cooking Sauce
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds ground chicken (dark or light meat)
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 12 strips Whole30-approved bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add marinade sauce, scallions, egg, sea salt, and black pepper to a large bowl; whisk to combine.
- Gently fold in ground chicken and coconut flour.
- Cut bacon strips in half crosswise; place two pieces into the bottom of each muffin cup, making a crisscross pattern.
- Scoop heaping spoonfuls of the chicken mixture into each cup.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (check with a butter knife to ensure chicken is cooked through).
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before removing from tin.
My Healthy Paleo https://myhealthypaleo.com/