Beat the heat this summer with this Decadent Java Milkshake that combines the richness of coffee with real cacao for an energy-boosting, chocolate drink.
Instead of trekking to the coffee shop every summer morning to grab your favorite flavored beverage, give this much healthier decadent java milkshake a try. This chilled milkshake packs a dose of potassium and the natural sweetness of ripe banana, plus a boost of antioxidants from raw cacao powder. Top it all off with coconut whipped cream and you have a shake that can rival any coffee shop.
Raw cacao powder is an ingredient that belongs in any Paleo pantry. Cacao contains an abundance of phytochemicals, excellent for fighting off free radical damage in the body. It is also versatile in recipes and adds a ton of rich chocolate flavor to brownies, cookies and drinks. Cacao powder can even be stirred into melted coconut oil to create a chocolate drizzle.
- 1 Tbls raw cacao powder
- 2 oz shot of espresso, chilled
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 very ripe banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup ice
- Optional toppings: Coconut whipped cream, Shaved unsweetened dark chocolate
- Combine ingredients in a blender , blend on high speed until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.