Every now and again (usually more now) that sweet tooth of mine starts hounding me for something to satisfy its decadent desires. What am I supposed to do as I’ve gone paleo and now eat like a caveman? But wait, eating paleo doesn’t mean I’m restricted to just veggies and/or meats I can still eat healthy and enjoy it! And a great way to enjoy it is to have a Paleo Coconut Banana Custard!
Try this quick, easy and delicious sweet banana treat and see if that sweet tooth of yours isn’t satisfied as well!
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 3 Eggs
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add bananas to a mixing bowl and mix well using a hand mixer until they are very creamy.
- Once the bananas are creamy and well-mixed, add the eggs, coconut milk, and vanilla extract.
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Fill a deep cake pan half full with water and place eight 6 inch custard glasses in the cake pan surrounded by the water.
- Carefully pour the custard mixture into each of the custard glasses and sprinkle cinnamon over each serving.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
- When the custards are no longer jiggly in the middle, use a butter knife to determine whether or not they’re done. When the butter knife comes out clean, the custards should be removed and set on a wire rack to cool.
- Eat the custards warm right out of the oven or store them in the fridge and enjoy chilled