This simple paleo diet recipe for veal chops is certain to be a dinner entree home run! Tender, flavorful, and fragrant with herbs and wine, these veal chops are a surprisingly delicious option for a quick dinner. Because they’re seared in the pan first, and then finished in the oven, they get a nicely browned crust without sacrificing a juicy inside: the best of both worlds.
So “Try the veal. It’s the best in the city.”
- 2 veal chops,
- 3 cloves garlic, minced;
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced;
- 2 tbsp Paleo cooking fat;
- 1/2 cup white wine; (optional)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Rub the chops with rosemary and garlic on each side and season to taste; then let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Warm the cooking fat in a skillet placed over a medium high heat.
- Cook the chops in the skillet until golden brown (about 5 to 7 minutes on each side).
- Transfer the chops from the skillet to a baking dish, and bake in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- In the meantime, over a medium heat, add the wine and chicken stock to the skillet previously used skillet, and warm everything up for a minute or two. While the liquid is warming up, scrape off any flakes of food on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the chops from the oven, top with the sauce, and serve.