I’m certain that there are still some of you who remember the commercial that challenged you to at just one potato chip….well here we go again however, this time with Paleo oven Roasted Mushrooms sprinkled with balsamic vinaigrette. True confession, and not the least bit ashamed, the first time I made these gems I devoured the entire pan myself! So go ahead, I bet you can’t eat just one.
- 1 lb mushrooms (I used button mushrooms)
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp finely minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional, just for garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash mushrooms and pull out stems.
- Cut mushrooms into halves (or quarters, if the mushrooms are large.)
- Put mushrooms and stems into a medium bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- On a baking pan lined with aluminum foil, arrange mushrooms on the pan in a single layer.
- Roast mushrooms 15 minutes.
- While mushrooms cook, finely chop fresh thyme, then mix with minced garlic, balsamic vinegar and the rest of the olive oil.
- After 15 minutes, remove mushrooms from baking pan into the bowl, draining off any liquid that has accumulated while baking.
- Toss hot mushrooms with the garlic-thyme mixture.
- Arrange back on roasting pan and cook about 10 minutes more.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley i(optional, not required).
Thanks for making us the fastest growing Paleo health site on the internet! We couldn’t have done it without YOU!