Okay, so you think you’re smarter than a 5th grader, eh….which one is the correct spelling? Is it ratatouillee, ratatouille, ratatouil, ratatoue or ratatoui?
Whats the difference, regardless of how you spell it the taste will be outrageous! This great paleo ratatouille recipe not only taste great but what a super way to combine those veggies that are sitting in the back of the fridge!
b/t/w the correct spelling is RATATOUILLE!
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1/2 a yellow onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- 15 oz. can of whole tomatoes, drained
- 15 oz can of diced fire roasted tomatoes and their juices
- 1/2 cup of water
- Chop all the vegetables into bite size pieces. (You needn't peel them.)
- Brown the chopped vegetables in the olive oil over high heat.
- Layer the vegetables in your slow cooker.
- In a bowl mix the rest of the ingredients, then pour over the vegetables.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Freeze in meal size containers.