After just one bite everyone will be saying “Wow. these are incredible balls”! Yes, these little guys are packed with healthy ingredients that are slightly sweet and full of texture and flavor. They’re paleo, vegan, and gluten-free, so they fit into almost any healthy lifestyle.
These are naturally sweetened with dates. You get a little extra crunch from the chopped cashews inside. And that lemon zinger comes from lemon juice along with a bit of lemon zest sprinkled in just to jack-up the tartness a bit more.
There’s nothing to cook with these of course. Just some simple ingredients blend together and then mix with shredded coconut, I used 3/4 cup of Anthony’s Organic Shredded Coconut Flakes really good stuff!
Just roll them up into little balls, glide them over some loose shredded coconut to coat, and these are ready to enjoy.
Just one tip: If your final mix seems a little too wet to form into balls, just add a bit more shredded coconut to firm them up. Or if the mixture turns out a little on the dry side, a tiny bit of coconut oil should solve that problem.
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 cup Medjool dates pitted or any other dates
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add the cashew nuts to a food processor and pulse a few times until chopped.
- Add the dates, 1/2 cup of the shredded coconut, chia seeds and process until well combined.
- Add the lemon zest + juice and mix until all the the ingredients come together to form a dough.
- With slightly damp hands, roll half tablespoon of the mixture into balls, then roll each ball in the remaining shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate for approx 60-min