If you are anything like me, you are always on the look-out for simple paleo dessert recipes that will dazzle your guest. Who am I kidding, I want to and satisfy my own sweet tooth first!. Search no more for I have found the perfect satisfaction for your cravings…Paleo Mousse, not just any paleo mousse but Chocolate Mousse. Let me tell you, this mousse is good enough to have for breakfast. It’s good enough to have after you work out or before you work out. And pretty much any day of the week that ends with a “y”.
And in case chocolate mousse alone isn’t enough to get you going, you can add various flavors to make it the ultimate chocolate mousse. How about peppermint for a cool chocolate creation? Did someone say cinnamon? The list is endless…
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 ounces of 100% chocolate or a paleo friendly blend
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs (pasteurized is preferred)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or melted honey for the eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of canned coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Separate the yolks from the whites and separate in two separate bowls, place aside.
- Put the honey, chocolate, water, cocoa, and espresso powder in a bowl. Tempur the chocolate over a small saucepan filled with about 1 inch of barely simmering water. The bottom of the bowl should not touch the water and make sure it doesn't burn.
- Beat the egg yolks with the maple syrup or honey until light colored and thickened
- Gently pour the melted chocolate mixture into the beaten egg yolks and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut cream
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until thick and foamy with soft peaks
- Spoon about a quarter of the egg whites into the chocolate/egg yolk mixture and stir until combined
- Gently fold the remaining egg whites into the chocolate/egg yolk mixture and continue to fold until no streaks remain
- Spoon the mousse into 2 individual dishes and refrigerate for at least two hours