The Rolling Scones (Pumpkin)
Wild Horses won't be able to drag you away from this delicious pumpkin flavored treat.
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups coconut butter, or 5 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. ginger
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Glaze Ingredients
- 3/4 cup coconut oil or cocoa butter, melted and cooled
- 2 T. raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 dashes of stevia, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease a large cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the following dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt. Whisk together with a fork and set aside.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade place, either 5 cups shredded coconut, or 1-1/2 cups coconut butter. If the shredded coconut, process for 5-10 minutes until runny butter is formed.
- Add the remaining ingredients to food processor: eggs, oil, pumpkin, honey, spices and sea salt. Process for about 25 seconds.
- Add coconut flour mixture, and process again, briefly, until it is fully incorporated, without over-mixing. Allow batter to sit and thicken for 5-10 minutes.
- Scoop batter into neat mounds on prepared cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown all over, with darker brown tinges.
- Directions for Glaze
- Allow scones to cool on rack before chilling or dipping in glaze.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Chill cooled scones in freezer for 10 minutes before dipping their tops, to facilitate the glaze setting up/hardening.
- Dip the top of each scone once; then place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Garnish the glaze with a fresh grating of nutmeg or a sprinkle of cinnamon. Or top each with pieces of crystallized ginger.
My Healthy Paleo https://myhealthypaleo.com/