Well here we are in the mist of the great pumpkin take-over time and you have the strong craving for a cake! Major problem though as you don’t want to go to the trouble of making an entire cake? I know, me too. It’s way too time consuming, and who the heck is going to eat the rest of the cake? You are, that’s why you probably shouldn’t make an entire cake unless you are okay with eating practically the entire thing, or at least have cake-loving friends.
Enter, a single-serving cake. Actually, it’s like cake-meets-muffin-meets-cookie. And it’s ah-mazing.
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- In a coffee mug or small ramekin, add all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Use a fork to mix vigorously to make sure there are no clumps.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Microwave for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes, until the cakes puffs a bit and is cooked through.
- Garnish with more chocolate chips and whipped cream if desired.